You’re an experienced web developer. Your code is tidy and your stack is phat. You know the drill but you’re willing to experiment. You’re borderline geek and so are we. But your ability to communicate with humans as well as computers keeps you from full nerd metamorphosis. And critically your eye for what looks hot makes you the perfect fit for our studio.
You are a rare cross-breed in this industry, that’s why we’re offering some sweet benefits as part of the package. Read on for details.
Introduction to Superrb
We are a boutique agency, based on the south coast of the UK and have carved an international reputation for building stunning websites and feature rich web apps. As a team, we are young, collaborative and progressive, always striving to learn new skills and push our portfolio forward.
We are proud to have been shortlisted for Creativepool’s 'Emerging Agency of the Year' award and our work is regularly featured on Site Inspire, Creative Review and Computer/Communication Arts. Our clients include a diverse mix of fashion brands, creative agencies, luxury interior brands, bars and restaurants to name a few. This eclectic mix keeps things fresh and designs on point.
- Developing stunning websites and user friendly web apps for cool brands.
- Developing new features, maintaining and improving existing websites.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Collaborating with designers to ensure in good UX & accessibility.
- Providing technical advice to account managers for specifications and proposals.
- Advising on new technologies which our clients and we can benefit from.
- Helping develop and improve our internal processes and workflow.
Skills we need
- HTML5 and CSS3 to an advanced level.
- PHP7 to a good level.
- Excellent understanding of semantics & progressive enhancement.
- Server side preprocessing platforms i.e. SASS, Babel & Gulp.
- Code versioning tools, in particular Git.
- Knowledge of cross browser compatibility, accessibility standards, W3C and WAI-ARIA.
- Browser storage engines and their support (cookie, session & localStorage).
- Experience of setting up and using at least one relational database engine (MySQL PostgreSQL).
- Experience of setting up and configuring at least one web server (Apache, Nginx, IIS) including installing websites.
- 2+ years in a similar role for web / digital agency or in house.
Nice to haves
- University degree in a related subject i.e. computer science.
- Symfony Framework.
- Shopify / Liquid.
- Magento 1 & 2
- Knowledge of accessibility products.
What’s on offer
- Work with cool brands and be instrumental in shaping their websites and campaigns.
- Amazing team of creatives to collaborate with.
- Strong team mentality where everyone supports one another.
- Competitive salary.
- Recently refurbished studio.
- Latest imac to work on.
- Monthly work socials.
- Friday beers at 4pm.
- 3 office dogs.
- Client discounts (inc cakes and pastries and cool interior products).
- Pro coffee machine.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Pre-work paddle boarding.
- Studio is 5 mins walk from the beach (handy for team BBQs).
- Herman Miller Mirra 2 chair (aka the don of office chairs).
Getting to work is easy. We're 20 mins drive from Central Portsmouth and 25 mins from Chichester just along the A27. Havant is our local train station (just 4 miles away) and is on the main line from both London Waterloo and Brighton. Alternatively if you like to cycle, then you can hop on the Eastney ferry (Southsea) with your bike then ride along the sea front which is lovely in the summer time, if a bit bracing in the winter.
How to apply
To apply, simply send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Off the grid, on the pulse!
This is a full time office based position. Freelancers are welcome to send in their CV/Portfolio, but please make clear on your application that you are looking for this kind of work. No recruitment agencies.